Technology Transfer And Business Development Directorate Director
• Technology transfer and
business development directorate is organized under the investment and
technology sub sector of the Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industries
• The directorate mainly performs technology transfer and business development works for the sector industries and medium and it also consults major technology and systems for investors, small and medium enterprises.
• The directorate constitutes the following major working teams.
1. Small and Medium industries development team.
2. Technology transfer and consultation team.
3. Business incubation development team.
4. Intellectual property protection team.
The main customers of the directorate are the following
• Cereals and pulses processing directorate
• Fruit and vegetables processing directorate
• Edible oil processing directorate
• Sugar and Confectionery processing directorate
• Beverage processing directorate
• Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical packaging directorate
• Pharmaceutical Industry development sector
• Food parks and industry zones development directorate
• Human resource and finance directorates
• Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical and packaging industries
• Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical medium and small enterprises
• Federal and regional bureaus
• Universities, Institutes ,TVET's and research centers
• Other governmental and non-governmental developmental offices
• Ministry of science and technology
• Federal small and medium industries development agency
• Ethiopia Intellectual property office
SMALL AND MEDIUM INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT TEAM
1. Introduces and promote new and improved technologies for Small and Medium industries
2. Selects and Provides consultation service on improved technologies for Small and Medium industries
3. Provides training and capacity building programs to improves the knowledge gap for Small and Medium industries
4. Organize teams to conduct studies and research and development activities on new and improved technologies to enhance production and productivity of Small and Medium industries
BUSINESS INCUBATION DEVELOPMENT TEAM
1. Select and organize business and research and development activities for entrepreneurs and higher education graduates who are engaged on food, beverage pharmaceutical sector
2. Provide business capacity building, training and development programs for entrepreneurs and higher education graduates
3. Provide an incubation center for entrepreneurs and higher education graduates with financial and technical support
4. Provides all rounded support for entrepreneurs who are conducting/ developing research and development activities on the incubation center
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND CONSULTATION TEAM
1. Introduces and promote new and improved technologies developed from the institute, from other Universities, Institutes, TVET's and research that improve the sectors' production and productivity.
2. Introduces and promote new and improved technologies developed and monitor their effectiveness, efficiency and compatibility
3. Gather, organize, disseminate and deliver technology information to customers/ investors
4. Provide Consultancy services on technologies and systems selections for investors, industries, for expansion projects and new projects
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION TEAM
1. Support the sectors innovations and inventions to be registered on intellectual property office
2. Support the sectors technological and system innovations and inventions to be registered on intellectual property office
3. Gather, organize, disseminate and deliver registered intellectual property innovations and inventions data and information